I always get Alyssa Milano confused with Jennifer Love Hewitt. Why is that? I don’t know. I think they were both popular at about the same time. They both have a singing career in Japan. Jennifer vajazzles while Alyssa has tattoos. I think there are enough similarities to justify my confusion. Anyway….
Alyssa Milano was born on December 19, 1972 in Brooklyn, New York. She is best known (to me anyway) as Samantha Micelli on Who’s the Boss. She also portrayed Phoebe Halliwell on Charmed and was Jennifer Mancini on Melrose Place.
Annie to Tiger Beat
Alyssa started her career when she was eight in a national tour of Annie. I think the story was that her babysitter took her along to an open call for Annie. The babysitter was the one auditioning but I guess Alyssa auditioned as well and won a part. A few years later she won the Who’s the Boss gig which required the family to move from the east coast out to Hollyweird.
By the late 1980’s, Alyssa had become a teen idol. Most of the teen idols of the time were boys. Nowadays you have Selena Gomez and Demi Lovato and many other female teen idols. Back then there were only a handful. It was rare to have a female grace the cover of Tiger Beat or Bop magazine, but Alyssa was found on many of those covers.
Alyssa Milano Trivia
- She has been married twice.
- She was engaged to Scott Wolf at one time but they never married.
- Alyssa dated Corey Haim from 1987 to 1990.
- She also dated Brian Krause for a year or so.
- Lucky Alyssa dated Justin Timberlake for a second.
- She plays the piano and flute.
- She had a best selling exercise video in 1988.
- Alyssa Milano has lots of tattoos. I’m not a fan of the tat.
- Shannen Doherty was a bridesmaid at her first wedding.
- She has released five albums in Japan, all of which have done very well.
- Smart Alyssa Milano is a huge fan of the Dodgers. Me too.
- She is a close friend of Justin Timberlake and Nick Lachey. Lucky.
- Alyssa is also close friends with Brian and Scott Bloom.
- She went to Reese Witherspoon‘s wedding.
- Alyssa was considered as a replacement for Shannen Doherty on Beverly Hills, 90210.
- She is dyslexic.
- Alyssa has her own clothing and jewelry line.
- Alyssa Milano helped popularize the #metoo movement against sexual harassment.
I followed Alyssa Milano on Twitter for a bit and she seemed like a nice enough person. She continues to act and be very politically active. She is currently married with two children. I’ll bet she’s a great mom.
Thank you for reading. Please come back soon!