Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!
Those were probably Eve Plumb’s most famous words and I’m sure the words she hates the most. Eve Aline Plumb was born on April 29, 1959 in Burbank, California. She began her acting career at the age of five by appearing in a Mattel commercial for Chatty Cathy dolls. She also appeared on The Big Valley and Family Affair before landing her role as Jan Brady on The Brady Bunch.
Jan Brady Quotes
- Well, all day long at school I hear how great Marcia is at this or how wonderful Marcia did that! Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!
- Glasses! Oh, no, mom! Not glasses! They’ll make me look absolutely positively goofy!
Please feel free to comment with other great Jan quotes. I would love to add them.
Pathetic Jan Bradyisms
- Made up a fake boyfriend (George Glass) when she couldn’t find a real one.
- Had no talent.
- Had no rhythm. Did you see her pom pom routine?
- Wouldn’t wear her glasses and crashed into her parent’s anniversary present in the garage. Tee hee.
Eve Plumb Trivia
- Was the only original cast member who did not reprise her role in The Brady Bunch Hour in 1977. Geri Reischl was cast as Jan Brady. Fake Jan.
- Enjoys painting and riding horses.
- In 1979, was the first Brady kid to get married.
- Was ranked number 61 on VH1’s 100 Greatest Kid Stars.
- The 90’s rock band “Eve’s Plum” is named after her.
Eve was probably the most successful actress to come out of The Brady Bunch kids. She acted quite a bit after The Brady Bunch ended and is still doing so as of this writing [August 2018]. Eve has been a painter for over 20 years now and has had some success with galleries across the country carrying her work.
There are rumors that Eve Plumb and Maureen McCormick (Marcia Brady) had a lesbian love affair. I don’t believe that for a moment. Perhaps Maureen imagined that in one of her coke induced states or maybe she made it up to get some much needed attention in her older years. I don’t know. Even if it was true and they experimented, why should Maureen talk about it?
Eve Plumb played a clumsy, clueless, no-talented kind of misfit middle child on The Brady Bunch. She appears to have grown up to be a class act. Kudos to Eve Plumb.
Eve, Eve, Eve!