Tiffani Amber Thiessen
I loved Tiffani Amber Thiessen as cute Kelly Kapowski on Saved by the Bell but did NOT like her as vixen Valerie Malone on Beverly Hills, 90210. I liked that she wasn’t stick thin and had a little bit of meat on her bones. Overall, I’m a fan.
Tiffani Amber Thiessen was born on January 23, 1974 in Long Beach, California. Her uncle is the one who suggested she get into show business. She did some beauty pageants and modeling, and then scored some commercials. Her first big break came when she landed the role of Kelly Kapowski on Saved by the Bell. When that ended, she changed gears and portrayed evil and bitchy Valerie Malone on Beverly Hills, 90210. Thiessen has also had small parts in shows like Charles in Charge, Married with Children, Valerie’s Family (aka The Hogan Family), Step by Step, and Blossom.
- Her first commercial was for Peaches and Cream Barbie.
- Tiffani won Miss Junior America pageant in 1987.
- She won Teen magazine’s Great Model Search in 1988.
- She also won Cover Girl magazine’s Model of the Year in 1989.
- Tiffani Amber Thiessen was good friends with Jennie Garth who portrayed Kelly Taylor on Beverly Hills, 90210. I’m not sure how their relationship is as of this writing.
- Tiffani was valedictorian of her high school class in 1992. Right on!
- She has her own production company called Tit 4 Tat Productions. Tee hee. Tit.
- Jason Priestley and Tori Spelling attended her wedding in 2005.
- Tiffani was maid of honor at Jennie Garth’s wedding.
- Jennie Garth, Tiffani’s (former?) good friend, actually auditioned for the role of Kelly Kapowski.
- Tiffani turned down a role on Charmed to replace Shannen Doherty. Tiffani also kind of replaced Doherty on 90210.
- She collects pigs.
- Tiffani Amber Thiessen dated Brian Austin Green for several years in the 90’s. They were introduced to each other by David Faustino.
Tiffani Amber Thiessen has kept busy these last several years. She had a starring role on the TV show White Collar from 2009-2014 and guest starred on a few other shows. As of this writing, she is on the show Alexa & Katie.
Tiffani currently resides in Los Angeles with her husband, Brady Smith. The happy couple have been married since 2005 and are parents to daughter Harper (born in 2010) and son Holt (born in 2015). I’m sure Thiessen is keeping herself busy between being a super mom and her acting career. I wish her luck.