My sister Lori liked Don Johnson and thought he was cute. He was handsome for sure, but he always seemed like a jerk to me. I’ve been known to judge people too quickly but hey, I’m usually right. Don Johnson has been known to be a jerk……and a pervert.
Donald Wayne Johnson was born on December 15, 1949 in Flat Creek, Missouri. This is the eighth decade he has lived in, so he’s like really old and stuff. He’s best known for playing Sonny Crockett in the 1980’s TV show Miami Vice. I never watched the show but know the characters dressed in bright pastel colors. I liked that style even though some may make fun of it. Don used to arrive on the set of Miami Vice in his own power boat called My Vice. Well, big dick.
Johnson did a lot of movies and TV shows before landing his Miami Vice role. IMDB has him in almost 50 different movies and TV shows before Miami Vice started in 1984. He also had another hit show in the 1990’s called Nash Bridges. There were a few other shows and movies, but I think he’s basically washed up at this point.
Don Johnson Quotes
- I can do whatever I want – I’m rich, I’m famous, and I’m bigger than you.
- I’m better than Robert DeNiro, I’m better than Al Pacino. I’ve got the talent, they’ve got the material.
- Claims he seduced his babysitter at age 12 and his drama teacher in college.
- Was arrested as a youth for grand theft auto and spent two years in a reform school.
- Beat out Nick Nolte, Jeff Bridges, Richard Dean Anderson, Larry Wilcox, Mark Harmon, and Gary Cole for the role of Sonny Crockett on Miami Vice.
- Was considered for David Caruso’s role on CSI: Miami.
- To maintain his two-day stubble on Miami Vice, he shaved with a sideburn trimmer.
- Was considered for the role of John McClane in Die Hard.
- Had some trouble in Europe in 2003 when money totaling $8 billion was found in his suitcase. He was under suspicion of money laundering. Maybe he was planning on buying a young child.
- Appeared as one of the bachelors on The Dating Game in the 60’s but was not chosen. Loser.
His Women (Girls)
My friend was an extra on a few episodes of Nash Bridges. She said Don was always hitting on the extras regardless of their age. Apparently he doesn’t mind if they’re underage. I guess it’s okay because he’s Don Johnson. He actually met his first wife Melanie Griffith on the set of The Harrad Experiment in 1973. She was an extra, so of course he hit on her. He was 22. She was only 14. They moved in together when she was 15.
Don Johnson has been married to Melanie Griffith…..twice. He also lived with Patti D’Arbanville for four years and had a relationship with Barbra Streisand. I don’t see that one. They were supposedly secretly engaged at one point. Right now he’s married to some former preschool teacher (maybe he was hoping he could…..never mind), but he’s probably due to get back with Melanie in a few years.
Don Johnson released two crappy albums and had three crappy singles chart. They charted only because he was a popular actor. Barbra Streisand couldn’t even make him sound good on their duet Till I Loved You.
Nash Bridges ended in 2001. Don Johnson has continued to act but none of his series have lasted more than a few years. I’ve seen recent photos of him and he’s one of those Rob Lowe people who will always look good. I did think he was gorgeous when he was younger and still think he looks good. I never had a problem with the outside. It’s the inside that I don’t like.
I’ll try to be cheerier and more positive with my next blog.