Corey Feldman seems to really like himself a lot. I wish I had his confidence. I liked his acting roles when he was a young boy. I’m not much of a fan today, but I think he does have some redeeming qualities. Let’s begin.
Corey Scott Feldman was born on July 16, 1971 in Los Angeles, California. His parents pushed him into commercials almost immediately. Okay, I don’t know if his parents pushed him into commercials. I’m just assuming. Corey was three when he started working. What three-year-old begs his parents to take them out on auditions?
In the Beginning
Corey went from commercials to TV shows. He was on some groovy shows like Eight is Enough, Alice, Mork & Mindy, The Love Boat, One Day at a Time, Family Ties, and others. Corey also had roles in some of my favorite movies including The Goonies and Stand By Me. He and his best friend Corey Haim were really big in the late 80’s and made a ton of movies together.
I watched Corey on the first season of The Surreal Life in 2002. Maybe it was the editing, but he didn’t come off as a great person to me. He seemed like kind of a dick and full of himself. I really liked the song he sang for his future wife. Not. He grabbed her by the throat and screamed in her face. How romantic. Such a nice and tender love song.
- Was married to Vanessa Marcil from 1989 to 1993.
- Was married to Susie Sprague from 2002 to 2009. The divorce wasn’t actually final until 2014.
- Divorced both of his wives and his parents.
- Got married again in 2016 to Courtney Mitchell. They’re still together. Third time’s a charm!
- First acting role was in a commercial for McDonald’s Gift Certificates. I actually remember that.
- Is a vegetarian.
- He and Corey Haim were the two highest paid teen stars in the late 80’s.
- Has a son, Zen, with his ex-wife Susie. Zen was born in 2004.
- He married his first wife in Vegas but they never lived together. Odd. I actually like that. I want my own house.
- He and best friend Corey Haim were known as The Two Coreys.
- Says working on The Goonies was the fondest experience of his childhood.
- Was introduced to drugs on the set of Stand By Me when River Phoenix took him to a local dance in Eugene, Oregon where they shared marijuana while talking with women.
- Feldman was a heroin addict.
- First TV appearance other than commercials was Eight is Enough.
- Landed his first TV series in 1979 with The Bad News Bears.
Here are some other interesting facts. My ex-husband’s birthday is July 17, 1971. Corey Feldman’s birthday is July 16, 1971. My ex-husband and I were married on October 31, 2002. Corey and his wife (now ex) were married on October 30, 2002. Corey’s middle name is Scott which is my ex-husband’s first name. And Lincoln and Kennedy each have seven letters and were both shot in the head on a Friday in front of their wives.
Corey has spent time in recent years touring with his band, Corey and the Angels. He claims the tour was to mostly sold out venues. Mmmm…….what does mostly mean and how large were the venues?
Feldman released his book, Coreyography, in 2013. I haven’t read it yet but it discusses a lot of the bad things that go on in Hollywood when you’re a young star (drugs and sexual abuse). Corey’s goal is to turn the book into a movie. I’m not a Corey fan, but I don’t think this is a horrible idea. It sounds like he wants to focus on what it’s like being a child actor in an industry filled with pedophiles. The movie could bring more attention to sexual abuse in Hollywood and hopefully make a difference.
When Wade Robson’s molestation accusation against Michael Jackson first came to light, Corey spoke out in defense of Jackson. He denied that Michael Jackson had ever molested children. Umm, how could he know this? He knows that Michael never molested him. I think that’s about all he can claim.
There have been new accusations recently  and Feldman once again defended his friend. However, a few days later he changed his opinion. He said he could no longer defend Michael Jackson. He said: “It comes to a point where as an advocate for victims…it becomes impossible for me to remain virtuous and not at least consider what’s being said”. This is the point when I started thinking Corey Feldman was an okay dude. I understand his loyalty to Michael, but he was finally able to see things from all sides and not just his narrow viewpoint. I respect him for this statement (as hard as it must have been) and admitting there could be some truth to what the others were saying.
Corey Feldman was stabbed by three men in 2018. He believes it was because of his talk about sexual abuse in the industry. Corey claimed the LAPD was investigating his case as an attempted homicide but the LAPD were not aware of an investigation. Ha! Dramatic much, Corey?
I respect Corey for leading the way to end sexual abuse and child predators in Hollywood. It sounds like a huge role to take on. I wish him the best and hope he’s successful.
I leave you with a Corey Feldman quote: