Didn’t you think Kevin Arnold from The Wonder Years was just the cutest thing? Fred Savage was just adorable in that role, especially during the early years. I know Fred Savage as Kevin Arnold from The Wonder Years, but I guess his first big break was as the grandson in the movie The Princess Bride. I don’t think I’ve ever seen that movie. Perhaps I should watch it.
Frederick Aaron Savage was born on July 9, 1976 in Chicago, Illinois. Frederick. Ha! That makes me laugh. Sorry to the people named Frederick. There are certain names that make me giggle. Frederick.
Fred started appearing in commercials from the time he could read. He appeared in a Pac-Man vitamin commercial when he was six. I loved Pac-Man. I was super awesome. I’m talking about the original Pac-Man, not the stupid Ms. Pac-Man or Junior Pac-Man or Baby Pac-Man.
- Has been married to his childhood friend, Jennifer Stone, since 2004.
- Has three children, two boys and a girl.
- He’s Jewish.
- Didn’t get along with Jason Hervey (Wayne Arnold) at first. Jason was a turd.
- Fred studied for his bar mitzvah while on the set of Wonder Years.
- Thought Wonder Years sister Karen (Olivia d’Abo) was the coolest girl in the world. Her boyfriend being Julilan Lennon might have made her more cool in his eyes.
- Made over 50 commercials before landing his Wonder Years gig.
- Younger brother is Ben Savage who was in Boy Meets World.
- He and Josh Saviano (Paul Pfeiffer) were inseparable on the set of Wonder Years.
- Was the youngest person at age 12 to be nominated for an Emmy for best leading performer.
- Graduated from Stanford in 1999 with a BA in English.
- Had a crush on Danica McKellar in the beginning of Wonder Years. Cute.
- Directed an episode of his brother’s show, Boy Meets World.
- Danica McKellar (Winnie Cooper) remains a close friend. “I will always adore Fred,” she says. “I know all the freckles on his nose.” Awww……how cute.
- Jason Hervey took Fred out for his first drink when he turned 21.
Fred had a sexual harassment lawsuit filed against him on March 15, 1993. Can you believe that? What a crock of poo. I doubt there was any truth to it. I know nothing about it so this is all speculation, but I’m sure it was someone wanting money. Kevin Arnold sued for sexual harassment? That’s like saying Winnie Cooper is a prostitute.
Fred once said, it is unfortunate that the poor judgment shown by a small group of young actors has tarnished the reputation of every child who has ever appeared before a camera. I don’t know when he said that, but I don’t think that’s true. Yeah, we hear about the stupid former child celebrities like Danny Bonaduce, Todd Bridges, Adam Rich, Leif Garrett, Lindsay Lohan, Justin Bieber, Miley Cyrus, and others. They get publicity because it’s exciting when people do stupid things. I don’t think everyone thinks all child actors are losers. I certainly don’t. What about Ron Howard? He’s awesome. I love him. What other child actors turned out okay? Matt Dillon seems okay. Who else? Leo DiCaprio? There are tons.
Anyway, Fred Savage is cool. I thought he was adorable as a young boy. He’s still acting a bit and is currently in the Netflix show Friends from College. He plays a gay literary agent. He is still an actor but is really into directing. As of this writing [July 2018], IMDB shows he has 50 acting credits and 65 credits as a director. Groovy.
Thanks for reading about this former child star who is still pretty awesome. I’ll be back in a few days.