Mmmbop, ba duba dop. I was never a screaming Hanson fan nor attended any concerts, but I did (do) think the boys are talented. I even own a few of their CDs. Hanson got a lot of their fans because of their groovy looks, but those boys have ability. These cute little boys are all now in their 30’s. They are all married with lots of children. And they’re still doing their thing. They are still touring and recording. I love it.
Hanson members are Isaac, Taylor, and Zac. The boys come from a family of seven children of which Isaac is the oldest. He and younger brother Taylor started the band “The Hanson Brothers” in 1992. Isaac was eleven at the time and Tay only nine. Younger brother Zac (who was my favorite) was only six when the brothers began. The boys, who eventually changed the name of the group to Hanson, used to sing a cappella outside clubs in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Their single MMMBop in 1997 shot the boys to stardom.
Clarke Isaac Hanson was born on November 17, 1980 in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Ike is one third of the pop rock band and sings both backing and lead vocals and also plays piano, bass, and guitar. Isaac married Nicole Dufresne on September 30, 2006 in Tulsa, Oklahoma. He met his wife after spotting her in the 5th row at one of the band’s concerts. I think that is so sweet (but also maybe a little creepy). Isaac and his wife have three children, Clarke, James, and Nina.
Jordan Taylor Hanson was born in Tulsa, Oklahoma on March 14, 1983. Tay sings lead and backup vocals and is the Donny Osmond or Michael Jackson of the group. What I mean is that he’s the popular one that got the most attention of the girls. He was featured more than the other two boys in the teen magazines. In addition to singing, Taylor also plays percussion, guitar, and piano. He is married and has six children.
Zachary Walker Hanson was not born in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Born in Arlington, Virginia on October 22, 1985, Zac was the drummer of the group. He is married with four children.
- The Hanson Brothers first professional gig was in 1992 at the Mayfest Arts Festival in Tulsa.
- Isaac used to name his guitars after previous girlfriends.
- All three boys started on piano, but Isaac eventually started playing guitar and Zac drums. Taylor continued as the keyboard player.
- Zac is good friends with Frankie Muniz.
- Isaac is named after his grandpa (Clarke).
- Hanson created their own beer in 2013 called Mmmhops. Cute.
- The group changed their name from The Hanson Brothers to just Hanson in 1993.
- Zac holds the title of youngest songwriter ever nominated for a Grammy Award.
- Isaac underwent treatment in 2003 for a blood clot in his right arm.
- In October 2007 Hanson appeared on Extreme Makeover: Home Edition to surprise a fan whose house was being rebuilt. So sweet!
- Their best-selling album Middle of Nowhere was released on May 6, 1997. May 6th was declared Hanson Day in Tulsa.
- Isaac was hospitalized in 2007 and diagnosed with pulmonary embolism.
- Taylor launched a separate project in 2009 called Tinted Window. It includes members of Cheap Trick, Smashing Pumpkins, and Fountains of Wayne.
- For April Fools Day in 2010, Hanson announced that they would record an album of Slipknot covers. It was a joke.
- Hanson performed live on Good Morning America in 2017 to celebrate their 25 years together. That’s just crazy. They’re still so young!
- Hanson made a cameo appearance on the Aussie TV show Neighbours earlier this year. 
After Hanson released Middle of Nowhere in 1997 the boys took a break. When they came back, they were greeted with groups like The Backstreet Boys, ’N Sync, and Britney Spears. The boys had matured and didn’t want to do that bubblegum sugary pop stuff. Some of their albums were not as loved by the fans since they wanted the cute little songs like before.
Hanson continues to record and tour. The boys began their String Theory tour in August 2018 and the double album by the same name came out in November 2018. I love that these kids are still doing their thing. Isaac once said, “We’re not a young band; we’re just a band that happens to be young.” With all of the boys now in their mid to late 30’s, I don’t think they have to worry about being considered young. But I don’t think they’ve ever been young. There are some old souls going on in there.