Clarke Isaac Hanson was born on November 17, 1980 in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Isaac or “Ike” is one third of the pop rock band Hanson which was popular in the 90’s. Isaac sings both backing and lead vocals and also plays piano, bass, and guitar. I was never a screaming Hanson fan or attended any concerts, but I do think the boys are talented. I even own a few of their CDs.
Isaac is the oldest of seven children. He and younger brother Taylor started the band “The Hanson Brothers” in 1992. Isaac was eleven at the time and Tay only nine. Younger brother Zac (who was my favorite) was only six when the brothers began. The boys, who eventually changed the name of the group to Hanson, used to sing a cappella outside clubs in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Their single MMMBop in 1997 shot the boys to stardom.
Isaac married Nicole Dufresne on September 30, 2006 in Tulsa, Oklahoma. He met his wife after spotting her in the 5th row at one of the band’s concerts. I think that is so sweet (but also maybe a little creepy). Isaac and his wife have three children, Clarke, James, and Nina.
- Names his guitars after previous girlfriends.
- Underwent treatment in 2003 for a blood clot in his right arm.
- Hospitalized in 2007 and diagnosed with pulmonary embolism.
- Calls screaming fans “The Scream Squad”.
- Musical influences are early 50’s and 60’s rock ‘n’ roll.
- Lived in Trinidad, Ecuador, and Venezuela before moving to Oklahoma.
- Is named after his grandpa (Clarke).
- In October 2007 Hanson appeared on Extreme Makeover: Home Edition to surprise a fan whose house was being rebuilt. So sweet!
Isaac and his brothers continue to record and tour. The boys began their String Theory tour in August 2018 and the double album by the same name came out in November 2018. I love that these kids are still doing their thing. Isaac once said, “We’re not a young band; we’re just a band that happens to be young.” With all of the boys now in their mid to late 30’s, I don’t think they have to worry about being considered young. But I don’t think they’ve ever been young. There are some old souls going on in there.