Like most people, I first noticed Mario Lopez when he portrayed A.C. Slater on Saved By the Bell. I just love those dimples…..and his chest.
Mario Lopez Jr. was born in San Diego on October 10, 1973. I guess he’s mainly an actor but is also a host, dancer, athlete, and bad drummer. His first gig was in 1984 when he portrayed Tomas on the TV show a.k.a Pablo. After that, he was a dancer and drummer on Kids Incorporated which also starred Stacy Ferguson (Fergie), Jennifer Love Hewitt, Marta “Martika” Marrero, and Ryan Lambert.
He started playing Albert Clifford “A.C.” Slater in Saved by the Bell in 1989. This show also starred Mark Paul Gosselaar, Tiffani Amber Thiessen, Dustin Diamond, Lark Voorhies, and Elizabeth Berkley.
Mario did lots of stuff after Saved by the Bell. I remember him on some segment you would watch as you’re waiting in line for Space Mountain at Disneyland. Does anyone else remember that? Some of the other shows and movies he was in:
- He played Greg Louganis in the 1997 TV movie Breaking the Surface: The Greg Louganis Story. Mario in a speedo. Praise Jesus.
- Mario played police officer Bobby Cruz in the 2000 TV show Pacific Blue. I think that’s where he rode around on a bike in tiny shorts.
- He played Dr. Christian Ramirez on the soap opera The Bold and the Beautiful. I would love to play doctor with Mario.
- Mario Lopez was butt naked (literally) in Nip/Tuck. Praise Jesus more.
I loved the talk show he did called The Other Half. It was basically Mario along with Danny Bonaduce. Dick Clark was actually part of some shows but he didn’t seem to be around as much as the other two. The show added some dude named Dorian Gregory in the last year. We’re not gonna fall for the banana in the tail pipe.
I started watching Dancing with the Stars because of Mario Lopez. He danced on the third season of Dancing with the Stars and was the runner up to Emmitt Smith. Mario was definitely the better dancer, but I guess Emmitt had a bigger fan base. It’s all good.
- Girls were heartbroken when Mario was taken off the market in 2004……for a whole 18 days. He was married to Ali Landry from 4/24/04 to 5/12/04. She had the wedding annulled after hearing of Mario’s alleged infidelity at his bachelor party and then again after the marriage. Slut.
- Mario is a close friend of Eva Longoria. I wonder how close they are? Mmmm….
- He did it in Dick Clark’s hot tub (he said something like that on The Other Half).
- Lopez became a permanent host for the news magazine show Extra in 2008.
- He made his Broadway debut in 2008 as Zach in A Chorus Line. Don’t you have to be able to sing in order to be in a musical?
- Mario auditioned to take over for Bob Barker on The Price is Right. That gig went to Drew Carey who drives me crazy.
- Is the host for many different pageants. He has hosted Miss Teen USA, Miss America, Miss Universe, and Miss Skanky Ass. Okay. I made up that last one.
I just saw Mario on The Talk. [July 2019] I love that show but am so sad that Sara Gilbert is leaving after this season. Mario is hosting a new show much like Pimp My Ride except it’s about pimping out pools and backyards. He has an adorable son and daughter and another child on the way. He still keeps in touch with his Saved By the Bell gang (except probably Dustin Diamond).
Mario seems like a super nice guy. I’ve never thought anything else in all the years I’ve been watching him. My friend thinks he’s gay. My gaydar is pretty good and I just don’t see anything gay with Mario, not that there’s anything wrong with that. I hope he keeps smiling and taking off his clothes for many years to come.