He wasn’t ugly or anything, but I never had a thing for Richard Grieco. I think it bothered me that he always seemed to try so hard to look sexy. If you have to try to look sexy, it’s not sexy.
Richard John Grieco Jr. was a brief teen idol in the late 80’s. Little Dickie was born on March 23, 1965 in Watertown, New York and is of Italian and Irish descent. I like that combination. Grieco was very athletic and was all-state in lacrosse, football, and hockey during high school.
- Dated actress Yasmine Bleeth.
- Has a black panther tattoo on his shoulder and a clover tattoo on his calf.
- He sang in the choir in junior high and high school.
- Owns over 3,000 DVD movies.
- Was a model for Calvin Klein, Armani, and Chanel.
- He likes to golf.
- His first acting audition was for the soap opera One Life to Live.
- Majored in Political Science in college and also played football for them.
- His college (Central Connecticut) entered him in a modeling competition and he was named one of the “Best Faces of the 80’s”.
- Had acting parts in Who’s the Boss and The Facts of Life.
Grieco started painting in 1991 and finally came out in 2009. Why was he hiding that he was a painter? Is there shame in that? Grieco calls his art “Abstract Emotionalism”. I’m sure I wouldn’t understand it. I’m more of a paint by number type of gal.
Richard Grieco started his singing career in 1994. He was signed to a German label and released a CD in 1995. I wonder if he and David Hasselhoff ever performed together over there in Germany. Grieco re-released that album in 2011 because I guess it’s just that good.
It doesn’t appear that Grieco has ever been married. No, that doesn’t mean he’s gay. He seems very artsy to me. Sometimes people like that enjoy their own company and don’t want anyone else around. I can understand that.
Richard Grieco appears to be keeping busy. With his music and his painting, his acting (he has over 80 acting credits on IMDB) and also directing, he’s got a lot on his plate. He seems to be doing his thing and keeping out of the spotlight. Keep doing you, Little Dickie.