I thought I would dedicate my blog today to Robert Pattinson since he’s been in the news recently. The rumor is that he’ll be the next Batman. That’s cool. I’ll be honest. I did not understand the whole Twilight obsession. Since I wasn’t a fan, I didn’t jump on board with Team Jacob or Team Edward. I didn’t really even know which actor was Jacob or which actor was Edward. I was Team Taylor Lautner Take Your Shirt Off.
Robert Pattinson was in a movie I saw a few years back called Remember Me. I thought he did an excellent job. He played a troubled young man who looked out for his younger sister. He was killed in the twin towers on 9/11. It was pretty sad but he did an excellent job. The boy (man) can act.
Robert Thomas Pattinson was born on May 13, 1986 in London, England. He is best known for playing Cedric Diggory in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire and Edward Cullen in Twilight. I thought he was best known for being on the cover of every teen magazine in the world during a certain time period.
- He beat out 3,000 people to play Edward Cullen in the movie Twilight.
- Named as Rolling Stone’s Hottest Actor of 2008.
- Pattinson was ranked the #1 Sexiest Man in 2011 by Glamour.
- His dad was a car dealer.
- He plays piano and guitar.
- He began modeling when he was 12.
- Expelled from school at age 12 for stealing dirty magazines and selling them to classmates. I like him even more now.
- Rob fronted a rap trio when he was 14. Ice, ice baby.
- He didn’t know he’d been cut out of the movie Vanity Fair until he attended the premiere. That’s got to hurt.
- Rob played Reese Witherspoon’s son in Vanity Fair and played her lover in Water for Elephants. That’s kind of icky.
I like Robert Pattinson. He hasn’t let fame go to his head and he appears to not even like fame. He just wants to act. Pattinson was a teen idol, but I see him going on to becoming a Leo DiCaprio or a Matt Dillon. They both survived being teen idols and are now making great movies. I think most people don’t even remember them as teen idols.
I’ve seen Robert Pattinson on Ellen (I LOVE ELLEN!!) and he seems like a nice guy. I think he’s a good actor and can hopefully emerge from the teen idol stigma and have a serious acting career. I wish him the best.