I love watching The Fresh Prince of Bel Air each day while I’m on vacation. It’s on each morning from 9:00 to 10:30. My favorite character is Carlton who is portrayed by Alfonso Ribeiro. I think he’s hilarious and very talented. I think he and Steve Urkel (Jaleel White) are very underrated and don’t get the credit they deserve. They’re hilarious! Anyway, my blog today is about Will Smith. I write my blogs on whatever/whoever enters my mind. Since I’m watching Fresh Prince right now, today’s blog is about Will Smith. You’re welcome.
Williard Christopher Smith, Jr. was born on September 25, 1968 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Will’s career started in the mid 80’s as a rapper. In 1989, he and childhood friend Jeffrey Townes (DJ Jazzy Jeff) received the first Grammy ever presented for Best Rap Performance for their Parents Just Don’t Understand song.
Will then hit it very big by pretty much playing himself in The Fresh Prince of Bel Air. He’s had some very funny moments in the show. I love when he lip syncs And I Am Telling You I’m Not Going from Dreamgirls. I also like when he and Carlton enter a dance contest. There are so many funny moments on that show between Will, Carlton, AND Hillary. She’s pretty funny too. I also love Will’s serious acting in the show. When Will’s dad shows up and is a dick, I get teary eyed. I also like the episode about the basketball star who has a son and the episode where Carlton takes some pills that Will had in his locker. The Fresh Prince of Bel Air is an awesome show and I will continue to watch it in reruns.
- Met ex-wife Sheree Zampino at a taping of A Different World.
- Met wife Jada Pinkett Smith when she auditioned for the role of Will’s girlfriend on Fresh Prince. (She didn’t get the part because she was too short.)
- Was married to Sheree Zampino from 1992 to 1995. Their son Trey was born in 1992.
- Has been married to Jada Pinkett since 1997. They have two children together. Son Jaden was born in 1998 and daughter Willow was born in 2000.
- Is the only actor in history to have eight consecutive films gross over $100 million at the box office. (U.S.)
- Is the only actor to have eight consecutive films in which he starred in open at the #1 spot. (U.S.)
- Barack Obama has said that he would like Will to play him if a movie were ever made about his life.
- Enjoys playing chess.
- Speaks fluent Spanish.
- Turned down the role of Neo in The Matrix which eventually went to Keanu Reeves.
- Was considered for Brad Pitt‘s role in Mr. & Mrs. Smith.
- His character from Men in Black was first offered to Chris O’Donnell and David Schwimmer.
- Was at Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes‘ wedding ceremony in Italy.
- Son Jaden starred in the remake of The Karate Kid.
- “I was trying so hard. I would memorize the entire script, then I’d be lipping everybody’s lines while they were talking. When I watch those episodes, it’s disgusting. My performances were horrible.” (Talking about The Fresh Prince of Bel Air)
- “If you’re not willing to work hard, let someone else do it. I’d rather be with someone who does a horrible job, but gives 110% than with someone who does a good job and gives 60%.” (Very cool. I love this!)
- “People laugh, but if I set my mind to it, within the next 15 years I would be president.” (Mmm……Fresh Prince of the U.S.A.)
With 78 acting credits on IMDB, I’d say Will Smith is a busy man. I saw him on Ellen (I LOVE Ellen!) and he seems like a very nice person. I think he was probably a bit of a jerk when he first hit it big in the 80’s. Maybe he wasn’t a mean person, but I think he could have been one of those snooty rich people. I don’t like snooty. I would like to be rich. Send me money. Better yet, buy some pinups from my website here.