Chris Knight is best known for his role of Peter Brady of The Brady Bunch. He was probably the most popular of the Brady boys. I thought he was cute and everything, but I had the hots for the dad (Robert Reed). As Chris Knight’s popularity grew, so did the number of Brady Bunch episodes that were centered around Peter Brady. There were many memorable Peter Brady moments which I’ll discuss in this blog.
Christopher Anton Knight was born on November 7, 1957 in New York. His family moved to Los Angeles when Chris was still quite young. An actor himself, Chris’ father started looking for auditions for Chris to help with his college education. Chris was only seven when he landed many commercials and appeared on the TV shows Gunsmoke and Mannix. Shortly after, he landed the role of Peter Brady. He had a few roles after he left The Brady Bunch, but nothing major. After entering the computer industry in 1988, Chris has been involved in some aspect of that ever since.
Don’t Play Ball in the House
- One of the earlier episodes featured around Peter was when he really wanted to go camping so he didn’t fess up to breaking his mom’s favorite vase. He’s worried that if he does admit to breaking the vase, the camping trip will be called off and mom will beat his ass. Instead, all the other little suck up kids take the blame for the broken vase. I would have totally tattled if that had been me. This is the episode where the annoying “Mom always says don’t play ball in the house” occurs. The funny thing about that is Carol Brady never once said those words on the show. Below are some other memorable Peter Brady story lines.
Peter Brady Story Lines
- The Hero was the first major story line centered around Peter Brady. He saved a girl’s life in the toy store and then got a big head about it. He threw a party and nobody showed up.
- At a party, Peter is told he sucks and has no personality. He works on stealing other personalities throughout the episode. This is the episode where “pork chops and applesauce” comes from.
- Peter hides a tape recorder in various places to listen to other family members conversations. What a sneak! I wonder if he heard Greg and Marcia talking about how much they want each other.
- Peter gets teased by his football buddies for singing in the glee club. I’m not sure if they teased Peter for actually being in the glee club or for just sucking.
- He becomes “Scoop Brady” and joins the school newspaper. Peter starts writing suck up stories about people he wants something from.
- Peter’s voice changes. Luckily for Greg and the rest of the kids, Peter is unable to sing on their recording. Because he sucks.
- Peter has a crush on Jan‘s friend Kerry and suddenly becomes really, really dumb and pathetic.
- The school play casts him as Benedict Arnold. Peter tries to get himself kicked out of the play. He should have sung for them.
- Peter gets a job as a bicycle repairman and fails. He gets fired and hangs out in the park like a bum.
- He gets a job at an ice cream shop and once again gets fired. Loser.
- Peter meets his identical twin, Arthur, at school. The show had jumped the shark by this time.
The Surreal Life in 2005 featured Chris and many other actors and reality TV people. I had no idea how fit Chris had become. Wow! Did you see him with his shirt off? More importantly, I liked the way he seemed as a person. I know those reality shows are somewhat scripted (some more than others), but he came off as a VERY decent person. The romance that developed between Chris and the much younger Adrianne Curry was very sweet. Their romance (and Chris being a great guy) continued on My Fair Brady which was a TV show all about their love. Peter Brady has grown up to be quite a sweet and normal human being. That’s always nice.
Divorced after five years of marriage, Chris Knight and Adrianne Curry really were fun to watch. Perhaps your new relationship should not be a TV show. Not one to give up on marriage, Chris married again for a fourth time in 2016. I wish him the best. He really does seem like a great guy.